Our District offers a comprehensive educational program for students. Parents are encouraged to learn more about the topics covered at each grade level by downloading the Parent Curriculum Guide for their child's grade level.
Some of the opportunities that we offer to our students include:
- A rigorous curriculum aligned to the Common Core State Standards
- Spanish instruction beginning in first grade. In sixth grade, students may choose to continue Spanish instruction or learn French
- Hands-on science lab for elementary students to learn biology and other life-science concepts
- Organic Garden & Outdoor Classroom
- Literacy and language arts has a workshop-based curriculum that was developed with one of the nation's top literacy experts.
- Nationally recognized music program. District 28’s band, orchestra, and choir programs have been recognized locally, regionally, and statewide with superior ratings. In 2015 and 2016, Northbrook District 28 was one of six school systems in the state to receive the Best Communities for Music Education award by the National Association of Music Merchants.
Detailed information about various programs is provided on the pages in the menu on the left.